Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pandora

Have I mentioned I have discovered Pandora? Maybe not, since I've not blogged since my big discovery. Wow -- what fun! Music that I like. Anytime and anyplace I have either my iPhone or my computer. And if I put it on a general mix, I can have Bach followed by The Letterman followed by Chris Tomlin followed by Enya followed by an ad? Oh well. For not spending $36/year I can put up with a few ads.

Next question: why does Bob's computer periodically decide it doesn't want to connect to the internet. No reason. Just -- "sorry, can't connect." Nothing different, nothing changed. All the other computers can connect -- currently we have Big Mama who is the primary desktop. Harry Potter is my HP laptop that keeps me sane when I'm traveling. Miss Minnie is a tiny Acer that has tons of power and is LEC's go to computer when we are lecturing. So why does Mr. Toshiba decide he is going to crash?

Generally, turning him off and then on again works. Not this time. Tried re-establishing our wireless connection. No. Had to get the kitchen chair, climb up, undo all the connections, redo all the connections (in the right order), press the reset button, and.....VOILA!! All is well. With everyone and everybody.

Go figure.

Grrrrr.....

Wish I could have fixed Skype as easily today. Connection was the pits. Finally gave it up after about 40 minutes of off again on again communication. The video was terrible as well. Don't know if it was his connection or ours. Usually it is perfect. Sigh. Not the way to spend the very little time we have talking to my dear children.

Speaking of dear children -- have I mentioned that Grammie's Awards are coming in less than a week? I can't WAIT!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed, though not surprised, that you are the I. T. in the family!!! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology is frustrating, for sure. Though I'm glad that when it does work properly for you, you can enjoy Pandora. The site is awesome!

    ReplyDelete