Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In Praise of Electricity....

I'm tucked in at the library -- which has electricty -- because we don't. Was able to shower this morning, but not wash my hair because I couldn't dry it. Seems to me the last time this happened I was leaving for Duluth later in the morning, and our electricity came back on just before I left.

Today, however, is the longest time with no electricity since the night Tim was born....It went out when the tornado sirens went on last night about 8:30. It's now 11:00 am, and unless it has come back on in the last hour since I've been here, we are still without....

I'm fully equipped here though -- am powering up the computer and the iPhone. My Kindle is good for several more days...the car is full of gas, and I should be able to toodle around town if necessary...

So I'm looking at today as sort of a vacation day. I suspect I'm not the only one here because of no electricity. The lady at the table across from me has been reading her Bible and is now clipping coupons. She looks as though she's settled in for the rest of the morning, in any case. We've had another downpour since I've been here, but it is now partly not cloudy (as opposed to partly cloudy which implies more blue sky than clouds. We have more clouds than blue sky, though I do see a patch of blue off to the east.)

Wasn't how I PLANNED on spending today -- glad I got most of the paperwork that needing doing done yesterday.

Had a mammogram and dexascan done today. Been years since I've had a dexascan -- was trying to think how long, and I'm guessing at least 10. Mammograms haven't gotten any better since I started getting them yearly at the age of 45 or whenever it was. Truly tortuous.

But at least I'm done for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment