Thursday, June 23, 2011

Let There Be Light!

And behold, there was light -- and it came 28 hours after there was no light. And I got up at 12:08 am to find that it was good.

The coffee this morning was excellent. Better than usual.

I've been smiling all morning. Amazing how much more we appreciate something when we don't have it...something we are so used to! Though when Tim was in Mauritania, living in his little cement block house with no electricity, I used to send him as much battery operated lights and fans and whatnots that I could...







Tim's life there is a wonderful reminder of what an amazing country we live in -- and how much we do take for granted. I'm glad he had that experience, and I'm glad we were able to experience a bit of it when we went to visit. But I'm extremely grateful that we live in the United States where we have luxuries that most cannot even begin to imagine. Wow.


Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment