Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Technology

Sometimes I wish I was about 10 years younger so I could enjoy all the new technology that is coming down the pike. I think of my mom, who was the first one in our family to get e-mail capabilities and a computer -- an old Epsom -- at the age of 68, and I think about how much she would enjoy all the fun things we have today.

My newest gadget is an iPhone. I'm still a real newbie with it -- I have fat thumbs, so it's harder to text on it than on my old phone which had the teeny tiny typewriter-type keyboard -- but I'm getting better. I need my dear SIL, Chris, to sit down with me and help me figure out what apps I need. I know there is an app for that -- whatever "that" is, but I'd like his help, none-the-less. After all, he's the one that *made* me get this phone.

I take full credit for the Kindle, however, and gave it to him as an early C'mas present. Gave one to Annabel, one to Bob, sent $$ so my sister in Berlin could get one as well. Torrey & Tim don't want a Kindle. I don't get it. But -- oh well, someone still has to turn pages and mark things up with a highlighter...

No comments:

Post a Comment