Friday, August 19, 2011

Fave Foods from LEC

Linda, Carole and I started a list of our favorite eats and where to get them.  Thought I'd share them here for posterity...

Consider each of these starting with "Best...."

Fried Oysters -- Hank's Oyster Bar, Washington DC
Calamari -- Logan's Tavern, Washington DC
Bacon -- Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, Appleton WI
Mexican (all around) -- Ted's, Norman OK
Soup & Salad -- Madison's, Jefferson City MO
Key Lime Pie -- Charleston's, Norman OK
Shrimp with Walnuts (Chinese) -- Chef Ping's, Arlington Heights IL
Pot Stickers -- T G I Friday's, Anywhere
Derby Pie -- Bistro 301, Louisville KY
Fresh Banana Cheesecake -- Cheesecake Factory, Anywhere
Grilled Artichokes -- Hitching Post, Buellton CA (they also sold Magic Dust...delicious on anything!!)
Chicken Pot Pie -- Embassy Suites, Salt Lake City UT
Macaroni & Cheese -- Doubletree, Arlington Heights
Carbonara -- Some little Italian restaurant in Morehead KY

I know I'm missing a couple -- will share when I think of them.

Meanwhile, the best all around bed I've ever slept in -- and at least I got to share this one with Bob -- the Mark Hopkins Hotel in San Francisco.  Too bad we were only there three nights.  Wish I could have figured out how to take the bed home with us!!

1 comment:

  1. My stomach felt completely satisfied until I read this post. Now it's convinced it needs Chef Ping's Chinese Shrimp and Walnuts, Hitching Post's grilled artichokes, and a slice of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. Thanks a lot Aunt Jan! ;o)

    ReplyDelete