Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Electrical Matters

It's been a humdinger of a week. Had a short but terrible storm Monday morning which knocked out the electricty to over 800,000 here in the Chicagoland area. Ours went out for about 5 to 7 minutes, but then came on again. Some of my Wheaton neighbors are still without power, and this is now 48 hours later. Comcast did go out for about 4 hours in the afternoon....I'm very grateful I have a Verizon doodah that gets me online wherever Verizon is. That plus my cell phone, and I was at least connected.

However -- and this is weird -- the monitor for my desktop went out and didn't come back on for 40 minutes after the electricity came back on!

Yesterday, Comcast went out again for another 4 or 5 hours -- seemingly no reason.

So this morning the electricity blinked off -- and then on again immediately. But my monitor didn't come on for another 25 minutes.

Obviously there is something going on with it and I don't like it. I DO like my monitor though. I wish it would just stay nicely and calmly and not give me fits.

Bob got his iPhone on Tuesday. He's now feeling quite like the postmodern man.

No comments:

Post a Comment