Saturday, July 23, 2011

Did I Leave My Heart in San Francisco?

I really don't think so. We had a great, intense, short, and busy vacation over a long weekend, but I was happy to come back to Wheaton. It was great going and not HAVING to do anything or see anyone....

We stayed at the Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill -- rather posh, but amazingly enough, less expensive than many of the other hotels we checked out, including the Holiday Inn on Fisherman's Wharf. And yes, we had dessert at the Top of the Mark (also breakfast which may have been the most expensive breakfast ever....).

Got plenty of exercise. My doc would be proud of me. Even walked up one of the hills from Chinatown to the hotel!IT might not look like much, but oh, my legs felt it!



Spent plenty of time at Fisherman's Wharf, made good use of the cable cars and the "F Line" trolley, had a half day tour of the city, and never did get a good picture of the Golden Gate Bridge since Friday morning was incredibly foggy.





That would be the only picture I got of the GG Bridge. It was a tad foggy!!
Just a very cool house!

We came home to very hot and very muggy Wheaton. A day later it was back to work, speaking in very hot and very muggy Coon River and Mille Lacs Minnesota....

No comments:

Post a Comment